Why should I visit Victoria, BC?
Featuring the best of Victorian-era charm and civility, visiting Victoria is like jumping back to Victorian England. Whether taking “Afternoon Tea” at The Grand Empress Hotel or strolling through Butchart Gardens, Victoria is a great place to relax in luxury.
Where is Victoria?
Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria can be reached by ferry or clipper from multiple sites in the Pudget Sound region.
What sort of Services and Amenities does Victoria offer?
Victoria is a large city with many options for lodging, dining, and shopping. There are many different options for Victoria, BC vacations.
What can I do or see in Victoria?
- Butchart Gardens: Butchart Gardens is fifty-five acres of lovely floral show gardens and is a National Historic Site of Canada. Grab your walking shoes because you will want to see the entire grounds including the gorgeous rose gardens and peaceful Japanese gardens.
- Biking: Known as “Canada’s Cycling Capital,” Victoria is very bike friendly, with many urban bike paths, as well as bike stands in front of many buildings. The Galloping Goose Trail is a much loved bike path that takes bikers from the bustling city into the charming countryside.
- Walking Tours: Taking a guided tour is a great way to see the very best of what Victoria has to offer. Learn about the history of Victoria from knowledgeable guides as they take you through some of the oldest and most important buildings in the capital.
- Butterfly Garden: Walk among more than 75 species of butterfly in this amazing climate controlled exhibit. Also living at the butterfly garden are flamingos, ducks, frogs, parrots, and even carnivorous plants.
- Craigdarroch Castle: Four floors of exquisite stained glass windows, intricate woodwork, and authentic Victorian-era furnishings are just a few of the many features of Craigdorroch Castle, just minutes from downtown. This is an interesting attraction for visitors who love history or architecture.
- Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Empress Hotel: A tradition since 1908, Afternoon Tea at the beautiful Fairmont Empress Hotel is a charming way to get back to the simpler things in life. Tea is taken in the hotel’s historic Tea Lobby. Afternoon Tea is taken between 3:00 and 5:00 pm and features specially blended teas and award winning pastries. Reservations are recommended, but not required.
- Wildplay Element Park: Do you enjoy physical challenges? Wildplay Element Park features various opportunities to test your courage and strength, including ropes courses, zip lines, and bungee jumping.