Is there a public bus system that I should use to get around town?
The Clallam Transit system runs buses that cover a good portion of the towns on the Olympic Peninsula. However, the buses do not go deep into the park where you’ll find the most popular tourist attractions, such as waterfalls, hot springs, lakes, or the rainforest.
Clallam Transit has buses that depart from Port Angeles to towns that include Sequim, Joyce, Sappho, Forks, La Push, Sekiu, Clallam Bay, and Neah Bay. There is also a Port Angeles bus that is a commuter route that heads back and forth to neighboring Sequim several times a day.
- Bus Fares: A single base fare is $1 for adults and $.50 for all others. There are surcharges for some premium routes.
- Map: http://www.clallamtransit.com/Routes-Schedules
- Phone: For more information, call 360-452-4511
Jefferson Transit Authority
This company can get you from Sequim to picturesque Port Townsend and back, with stops at locales in between. It also runs local buses around Port Townsend and the surrounding region.
- Bus Fares: The adult base fare is $1.50 and all others are $1.00.
- Map: http://jeffersontransit.com/maps-schedules/schedules/
- Phone: For more information, call 360-385-4777
Can I take a sightseeing tour of Olympic National Park?
There are a limited number of guided sightseeing tours available in the region. Some are private tours aimed at individuals or very small groups up to about 6 people. Those can be quite costly. Other outfitters offer photo tours of the area, taking groups to the spots on the peninsula that they deem most picturesque.