What airport should I use to access Olympic National Park?
- Airport Code: SEA
- Location: As the name suggests, Sea-Tac International Airport is located in between Seattle and Tacoma. The easiest way to access the Olympic Peninsula and the National Park is to take the Bainbridge Island Ferry from the Port of Seattle. To get to the ferries, take the airport exit to the WA-518 EAST ramp, merge on WA-518 EAST, take the I-5 NORTH EXIT, merge on I-5 NORTH and head north for 10 miles to exit 164B.
- Airlines: They all fly to Seattle, which is the largest airport in the Pacific Northwest.
- Airport Services: Sea-Tac has all the services you’ll need to make your time in the airport as pleasant as possible, including a few dozen eateries, a wine bar, several coffee shops, ATMs, duty-free shops, souvenir shops, book stores, currency exchanges, a nail salon, and massage services.
- Getting to/from the Airport: 11 different rental car services are located at Sea-Tac, some in the terminal and others at a remote location. Shuttle buses head to Boeing Field for flights to Port Angeles, or arriving visitors may take the Olympic Bus Lines to Sequim, Port Angeles, Port Townsend, Discovery Bay, and Kingston. Bus service is twice daily. Rocket Transportation also serves various locations on the Olympic Peninsula.
Fairchild International Airport, Port Angeles
- Airport Code: CLM
- Location: The Port Angeles Airport is located at 1402 Fairchild International Airport Road in the heart of Port Angeles. To access the Olympic National Park after leaving the airport, follow Airport Road to U.S. Highway 101. Head west towards Forks for the western and southwestern portions of the park or east towards Sequim for the eastern region.
- Airlines: Kenmore Air offers service to P.A. three times a day from Boeing Field in Seattle. Boeing is about 12 miles from Sea-Tac and shuttles are available from one airport to the other. Port Angeles flights take less than an hour from Boeing to Port Angeles airport.
- Airport Services: This is a small airport with just two runways and no comfort services such as a restaurant or lounge.
- Getting to/from the Airport: Budget Rent-a-Car maintains a small location at Fairchild International Airport. In addition, Clallam Transport offers buses into the downtown Port Angeles area, Sequim, and Forks. Taxi service is also available.
There are several other airports on the Olympic Peninsula but they only accommodate private aircraft. They are:
- Sequim Valley Airport, 468 Dorothy Hunt Lane, Sequim. 360-683-4444
- Forks Airport, 1 mile SW of Forks, 360-374-5412
- Quillayute Airport, 1 mile SW of Quillayute, 360-374-5412
- Jefferson County International Airport, Airport Cut-off Road, Port Townsend. 360-385-2323