Where is Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort located?
Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort is located in the northern region of Olympic National Park, about an hour southwest of the city of Port Angeles.
Directions from Port Angeles:
- Follow US Route-101 west
- Exit onto Sol Duc Hot Springs Road/Soleduck Road.
How can I make a reservation?
- By phone: 888-896-3818
- Book Online
Tell me more about Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort and Cabins.
- Season: March 24th to October 29th, 2017
- Amenities: access to outdoor mineral hot springs, cozy cabin style lodging, walking distance to Sol Duc falls and various rainforest trails, Springs Restaurant (full service dining), Poolside Deli, Espresso Bar, Massage service available, gift shop
- “Sol Duc” means “sparkling water” in Sklallam language.
- The Quileute Tribe believed that the springs were created by two dueling dragons and had healing properties.
- On May 15, 1912, timber baron Michael Earles opened an expansive resort on the property. He spent more than half a million dollars on the luxury resort, which included a three story hotel that consisted of one hundred and sixty-five rooms. Rated four stars the hotel included a large spa, gymnasium, tennis courts, croquet grounds, and tennis court. Unfortunately, the entire complex burned down only 4 years later on May 26, 1916.