- Callam Bay is located on the north shore of the peninsula, about one hour west of Port Angeles’ ferry dock.
- A fisherman’s paradise, the bay features plump river fish and large open water fish.
- A great place to bird watch in any season, bald eagles are prolific between January and April.
- The crystal clear water and diverse underwater life makes Clallam Bay a great place for diving.
- Tidal pools reveal colorful starfish, large anemones, clams, and mussels.
What can I see and do at Clallam Bay?
- Fishing: By boat or on shore, Clallam Bay is unique for its populations of large Atlantic fish and river fish including robust Pacific halibut, several types of rockfish, resident "blackmouth" salmon, stunning coho salmon, and the giant Chinook salmon. Check in with a ranger before you cast off, as a fishing license is required and catch and release regulations change season to season.
- Bird Watching: The shores of Clallam Bay are home to hundreds of species of birds. While gulls, ducks, and Shore birds are plentiful, Murrelets, Murres, and puffins are prized sightings. In the fall and spring, thousands of Canadian geese, trumpeter swans, falcons, hawks, and sandhill cranes migrate through this area. Between January and April, hundreds of bald eagles 'winter over' from the north.
- Diving: The crystal clear waters of Clallam Bay provide a great opportunity to get a good look at the colorful sea stars, and huge anemones. You might even meet an octopus. It’s best to bring a wetsuit; the water can be chilly!
- Kayaking: With calm waters, the bay makes for a great way for beginners and experienced kayakers to view sea life, birds in the trees, and elk on the shore. Keep an eye out as young gray whales occasionally come in to the bay to feed.
- Beach Combing and Shellfishing: Large and interesting sea shells often get swept onto the shores of the bay. In low tides, visit tidal pools for anemones, starfish, mussels and clams!
Where is Clallam Bay?
Clallam Bay is accessible by the Olympic Highway 101 W. Take the WA 113/112 exit north.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
Sekiu Chamber of Commerce: Phone: 360-963-2339, Toll free 877-694-9433.